Re: [tablatures] bend.ly - please test and comment

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Marc Hohl wrote:
When version 2.13.4 will be released, everything will be fine; in the meantime you'll probably have to \include "tablature.ly" - otherwise there will be spurious
stems and stuff in the tablature.

What's important: please test the commands, fiddle around with the values defined in the first few lines - I hope the variable names are self-explanatory;
if not, call me.

I'm trying to test it, but I have an error message I can't understand.
I attach the .ly file.
Below it's the error message..

GNU LilyPond 2.13.3
Processing `bend-test.ly'
Parsing...
/home/fede/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/tablature.ly:86:1: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
#
 (add-new-clef "moderntab" "markup.moderntab" 0 0 0)
Unbound variable: add-new-clef

bend.ly ─ 2009-08-13

/home/fede/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/bend.ly:452:39: error: GUILE signaled an error for the expression beginning here
        \set TabStaff.stringTunings = #
                                       guitar-seven-string-tuning
Unbound variable: guitar-seven-string-tuning
warning: unknown clef type `moderntab'
Hi Federico,

these errors are due to the fact that the tablature features (including the moderntab clef and the definitions for a seven-string guitar) are not included in 2.13.3 - either you change your file to six strings (by ommitting the \set TabStaff.stringTunings = ... line completely) and the calligraphic tab clef, or you just ignore the messages, because lilypond compiles in either case.
[...]
Interpreting music...
warning: type check for `stringTunings' failed; value `#<unspecified>' must be of type `list'
This error comes from the missing definition for seven strings...
[8][16]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Interpreting music...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
MIDI output to `bend-test.midi'...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
Drawing systems.../home/fede/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/bend.ly:244:57: In expression (parenthesize-tab-note-head grob): /home/fede/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/ly/bend.ly:244:57: Unbound variable: parenthesize-tab-note-head
Sorry, this is a little bug in tablature.ly; please search the line where you can find

#(define (parenthesize-tab-note-head grob)

and change it to

#(define-public (parenthesize-tab-note-head grob)

Then (hopefully) everything will be ok.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for testing!

Marc