Re: [tablatures] bend.ly - please test and comment

Hi Marc, hi everyone,

Great work. This is really exciting.

Just a couple of comments:

  1. It might be good to move the beginning point of the pointed slur
     right about an eighth of a space and the end of the pointed slur
     left by the same amount. This would make the space between the two
     on notes that are bent to and then released more appreciable.
  2. For the example in bar 10, both of the pointed slurs should arch
     under.

I'll fiddle around with some of the settings when I have the opportunity.

Kudos!

David

Marc Hohl wrote:
Hello tablature users group,

here is my first attempt to bends.
I have made some changes, so I can cover most of the cases David has
sent to us some time ago.

When version 2.13.4 will be released, everything will be fine; in the meantime you'll probably have to \include "tablature.ly" - otherwise there will be spurious
stems and stuff in the tablature.

What's important: please test the commands, fiddle around with the values
defined in the first few lines - I hope the variable names are self-explanatory;
if not, call me.

The syntax "problem" is not relevant at this early stage, but I would like to
simplify the structure; for example, the callback should recognize two
consecutive calls automagically, as in

\bendOn c4 ( d )( e )( c ) \bendOff

the same holds for ties

\bendOn c2 ( d ) ~ d ( c ) \bendOff

would definitely be better than

 \bendOn c2 ( \holdBend ) ~ d ( c ) \bendOff

And if there is a possibility to check whether a slur points to a grace note or not, I could get rid of the distinction between \preBend and \preBendOnly (silly name, you
can guess which commmand I'd like to drop :-)

Ok, so much for now, have fun!

Marc