Re: [frogs] Re: Hello all

On 9/3/10 11:17 PM, "panterozo" <ignacio_aaa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I run make install and make test and its works ¡¡¡ :D

Congratulations!

> the program was installed successfully, and i run lilypond from my local
> directory and its create a pdf with the score. I like to do something with
> the musicml2ly parser, and add functionality to this. I don't now how to do
> this, i means, the changes that will generate or where i done that :s..
> sorry about my little knowledge about how contribute to the community. I do
> my best effort, but i need some help to do this.

musicxml2ly is a python program.  It is found in the scripts/ directory.

> How I can debug the program and see what he does¿?, or where i find
> documentation about how works it¿?...

The best information that is available on the program is in the
Contributors' Guide.  It's not as good as we'd like, but it's all there is.
You can find it in the online documentation, or you can build local
documentation with make doc

> I'm try to run musicml2ly, but dosn't work it
>
> $ ./musicxml2ly ../001.xml
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./musicxml2ly", line 35, in <module>
>     import lilylib as ly
> ImportError: No module named lilylib
>
> line 35:
> import lilylib as ly
> line 36:
> _ = ly._

This means that musicxml2ly can't find lilylib.  lilylib is found in
/python.  I would assume this means your paths are messed up somehow.

What directory are you running musicxml2ly from?  Did you copy it to a
working directory somehow?

make test uses musicxml2ly, so if make test runs successfully, then
musicxml2ly runs successfully on your machine, and it's just a question of
figuring out how to get it to work from the command line.

HTH,

Carl