Re: [frogs] Chord-name-engraver plus capo - pitches

On 27 August 2010 15:15, Trevor Daniels <t.daniels@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, you're right, you can't.  I didn't intend to, but I
> did get it wrong.  It should be Rational (-capo, 2) I think.
> This should instantiate a Rational with value -capo/2.

You didn't get it wrong.  It's perfectly possible to use a double
here, though less efficient; see line 266 in rational.cc.

The only thing to be aware of when transposing pitches is the
limitation on alteration size: pitches can't have alterations larger
than a double, so Pitch (0, 0, Rational (-3/2)) isn't wise; it would
require normalizing (which would produce a B double flat).

Cheers,
Neil