Re: [frogs] Issue 736041: Lilypond issues success/failure termination message - OK to push?

Hi Carl,

On 06/05/10 01:17, Carl Sorensen wrote:
On 5/5/10 11:03 AM, "Ian Hulin"<ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi all,

I put this patch up for review about a month back.� Patrick has given some
feedback and I have implemented his comments.� Could someone have a look and
if it's OK push, please?
I didn't see any issues in the patch, except that I was not sure that the
discussion on -devel had reached resolution:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/28150/focus=28164>

Did we ever achieve resolution on this?

I see votes for
     Han-Wen: Not in this format; give a summary of the results
     Mats: Yes
     James Lowe: Yes, if you add the name of the output file
     Mark Polesky: Yes
     Ian: Yes
     Graham: Yes
     Bert: Not needed, because the GUI can show the error message from the
error code.

So the majority says go ahead, I think.  Han-Wen, are you OK with that?

Thanks,

Carl

Since submitting my original patch, there's a tracker open to add a -q option to Lilypond to implement Unix-style 'quiet' processing of all informational progress messages during a Lilypond compilation run.

This and the request for a message with a summary of results of compiling all files during a compilation session are enhancement requests on top of this patch and beyond the scope of what I wanted to achieve here.

Cheers,
Ian Hulin