Re: [frogs] My First Patch: issue #1063

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for posting this patch!  I'm really happy to have you working on
developing LilyPond!

On 5/19/10 9:46 AM, "Rodolfo Zitellini" <xhero.gm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I made the little patch that should resolve #1063. Was made with diff
> -n, and I tried my best to follow GNU coding standards. This is my
> first attempt, so please be clement :).

Wow -- this is the first time I've ever heard "clement" used in a sentence.
In the U.S., all I hear is "inclement"; I've even heard discussions about
whether "clement" is a word or not.  Thanks for the education!

> The modifications work like this:
> before reverting something, it makes sure another copy of the element
> you are reverting is present in the alist, so that you never drop the
> original value (this is what happens now when you revert a nested
> property non previously overridden).

It appears that your code only removes the first occurrence found.  In
general, \revert should remove all but the last occurrence found.  We want
\revert to get us back to the original definition, not just to the
definition before the current definition.

If MyGrob's default value for 'myProp is 1, and I do

\override MyGrob #'myProp = #10
\override MyGrob #'myProp = #2
\revert MyGrob #'myProp

the value of 'myProp for MyGrob should be 1, not 10.

Thanks,

Carl