[frogs] Stepping into the code for nested properties

Dear All,
I am looking to issue #1063, mostly as an excuse to investigate the
internals of lilypond a bit (and also because I need to revert nested
properties for a transcription I'm doing).
Is there someone who would mentor me on this? I have already setup a
dev system with lilypond and gdb, and I have stepped thougly the code,
which I mostly uderstand what is doing. But there is some logic which
is not completely clear to me, and I would need help on that.

Thanks,
Rodolfo