[frogs] Re: Enhancement: string bends (issue216051)

Marc,

I'm sorry I was so slow on this.  My life has been crazy recently.

I think your work on this is headed down the right path.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/1/2
File bend-implementation-roadmap.txt (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/1/2#newcode43
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:43: Step 1: Creating the basic
infrastructure
Excellent!

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/1/2#newcode47
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:47: Step 2: Building the StringBend
engraver for normal staves
Yes.  The string bend engraver creates the string bend indication as a
spanner.

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/1/2#newcode56
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:56: Step 4: Extending properties for
TabNoteHead
No, we don't need a 'style property.  We have the bend amount as an
articulation or from a string-bend-event.  What would the style do

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/1/2#newcode59
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:59: read the bend-reference-pitch vector
(provided by the
The bend-reference-pitch vector should be stored as a private member of
the Tab_note_heads engraver, rather than in the String_bend_engraver.

All the String_bend_engraver has to do is draw a pointy slur between two
note-heads, and the Tab_string_bend_engraver draws a curved arrow
between two tab-note-heads.

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/1/2#newcode65
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:65: - provides the bend-reference-pitch
vector (TabStringBend #'bend-reference-pitch)
I don't think this is the right way to go.  The easiest thing to do is
to store the reference pitches in the Tab_note_heads engraver, since
that engraver already has to listen to the pitches and change the notes
as necessary.

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/2001/2002#newcode95
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:95:
This seems reasonable to me.  You may want to have
chord_bend_reference_pitches and note_bend_reference_pitch

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/diff/2001/2002#newcode135
bend-implementation-roadmap.txt:135: and if *every* TabNoteHead in a
note column has the style 'parenthezied, the
Yes, I agree with this change.  The TabNoteHeads engraver should just
look for bend-events in order to change the note head.

http://codereview.appspot.com/216051/show