Re: [frogs] Re: Enhancement: string bends (issue216051)

n.puttock@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
On 2010/03/21 13:28:12, marc wrote:

please review the current changes. IIUC, articulations can be
established by make-articulation, so perhaps I do not need
to change the parser.

No.  While there's no need to change the parser, you'd only use
make-articulation if you were adding a new Script grob, with its
properties set in default-script-alist.

I understand.
You're confusing an articulation (a Script) with the 'articulations
music property.  The parser adds an event to 'articulations whenever it
finds a music object following a note inside a chord.  Since this
happens automatically, all you have to do is define your \bend command
using make-music: the parser will decide whether to add the
string-bend-event to 'articulations (inside < >) or the 'elements
property of the EventChord (outside a chord).
Even better! SO the parser does all the work, and I don't have to bother - great.

Thanks,

Marc

Regards,
Neil