Re: [frogs] Re: Numeric note heads for singers

2010/1/7 Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx>:

> Then, at line 106, the scale degree that is used to look up
> shape notes is calculated as delta.
>
> My thought was that we could then do
>
> note->set_property ("scale-degree"", scm_from_int (delta));
>
> Then, when it's time to do the easyShapeNoteHead, we can get the scale
> degree of the note-head by checking its scale-degree property.
>
> Why is this a bad approach?

The delta can't be greater than seven unless you rewrite it just for
easy heads, so it's no more useful than setting 'note-names to a basic
vector.

If you look at the mock-up on David Olson's website
(http://www.hosorembo.com/Lily/Lilindex.html), the starting pitch is a
F sharp above middle C.  At one point the melody reaches the F sharp
an octave above, which is labelled `8'.  Therefore unless the user can
specify the start pitch in advance, there's no way for LilyPond to
decide which pitch represents the origin.

Regards,
Neil