Re: [frogs] ready to (re)start

It wo

On 1/18/10 2:07 PM, "Kieren MacMillan" <kieren_macmillan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Graham,
>
>> running "make doc" without anything breaking.
>> this command will probably take between 30 minutes and 3 hours
>
> And yet I still have to do it?  =(

It won't take 3 hours after the first time.

On my MacBook, it takes a bit less than 30 minutes when I run it with

make -j3 CPU_COUNT=3 doc

(because I have a dual-core machine).

> And does this have to happen every time I "update source"?

No.  It needs to happen when you need to make sure things are correct.  You
wanted to see that stuff was installed correctly; this is the gold standard..

>> Documentation/web/manuals.itexi
>> line 511
>
> Before or after the 3 hour doc-making insanity?

After.

Good luck!

Carl