Re: [frogs] ready to (re)start

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 01:08:02PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 1/27/10 12:52 PM, "Kieren MacMillan" <kieren_macmillan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > How can I confirm success?
>
> You have achieved success in building the binary.  What you need to check
> next depends on what you want to do with the self-compiled binary.
>
> If you want to make sure you have doc-build capability, then you should do
>
> make -j3 CPU_COUNT=3 doc
>
> This may take about an hour.

HOWEVER, I recommend first doing
  cd input/
  nice make doc
should be about 15 minutes.

also, note that although -j3 CPU_COUNT=3 will finish faster, it
will also use more system resources -- if you want to do email and
web browsing, I recommend not using them.

also, remember that adding "nice" will cause the OS to give system
resources to other programs (like email+web).  If there is no
system load, then the lilypond build will use all available
resources.

Cheers,
- Graham