Re: [frogs] Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature(issue164063)

Trevor Daniels wrote Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:40 AM

I'll post the new patch-set tomorrow after I've
checked it out more carefully.

This is taking a little longer than I thought. I've had trouble building the docs in my minimal ubuntu virtual machine. First I ran out of ram (or maybe paging space, which wasn't clear), so now I
shut down all the superfluous windows while make doc
is running. Then I ran out of disk space, so I had to run make test-clean and make doc-clean to free up
some space, and not leave both docs and regression
tests lying around at the same time. Then I found I couldn't rebuild the docs from scratch, so I can't finally check out my patches. I'm still investigating that. As each attempt building the docs takes several hours this is getting frustrating.

If you intend to do serious LilyPond development work
in a virtual machine running ubuntu I think you need
a minimum of 800Mb ram (rather than my 500Mb) in order
to continue work in other windows while make doc is
running and at least a 10Gb virtual disk (rather than my 8Gb) if you want to keep regression tests and docs at the same time. Trouble is I can't really spare any more on my laptop :(

Trevor