[frogs] Re: Add option to indicate frets by letters in tablature(issue164063)

On 12/7/09 5:40 PM, "Trevor Daniels" <t.daniels@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You need to use a Scheme markup, not a lilypond markup.
>
> Thanks Carl.  I had tried that earlier, and that
> didn't work either.  The thing I was missing was
> an eval-string function to cause the Scheme string
> to be evaluated.  So, I've now got it working, but
> the format is a bit convoluted.  The markup has to
> be in scheme brackets in a string, which means
> strings inside have to be escaped, like this:
>
> fretLabels = #'("a" "b" "(markup #:italic #:smaller \"c\")")

Have you tried

fretLabels = #`("a" "b" ,(markup #:italic #:smaller "c"))

This worked for me.  Note that the character following the # is the backtick
or accent grave character. When this expression is passed to Scheme, the
(markup #:italic #:smaller "c") is evaluated (because it has a , before it)
and the result of the evaluation (which is a markup) is stored in the list.
Then that result is ready to be passed along to make-vcenter-markup.

HTH,

Carl