[frogs] Implementing Baroque Lute tablature

I'm currently doing the groundwork before embarking on a project to
implement Baroque lute tablature. As this is likely to involve learning
how LilyPond works in several areas I'd like to air the discussions
here as I go for later reference by others as well as me.

OK, first up is a comment asked with beguiling innocence by Neil.
Here's the background:

Neil Puttock wrote Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:01 PM