Re: [frogs] Enhancement request: Define output-suffix as a configurable context property.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/21/09 2:38 PM, "Neil Puttock" <n.puttock@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> 2009/9/19 Carl Sorensen <c_sorensen@xxxxxxx>:
>>
>>> Well, during the translation step the translators write output to the output
>>> file using the appropriate output calls, don't they?  So they make use of
>>> the file that was created using the output-prefix.  So this has *something*
>>> to do with translation, even though it's not a characteristic of an
>>> engraver.
>>
>> I don't think so, since the output file doesn't exist until a
>> Paper_book object has been finalized and sent to the appropriate
>> output framework.
>
> OK, so what sends Paper_book objects to output frameworks?

I think this occurs in Paper_book::output(), line 183.

The self_scm() call applies to the Paper_book object, and this object
becomes the 2nd argument in the call to output-framework.  Thus the
output frameworks have access to the Paper_book object.

-Patrick