Re: [frogs] Enhancement request: Define output-suffix as a configurable context property.

On 9/20/09 9:04 AM, "Ian Hulin" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen wrote:
>>

>>> Remaining things to do would be
>>> * add define-parser-variable-properties.scm to build (whimper...)
>>>

>> No (whimper...) needed here; this is trivial to do.  Just add an entry to
>> scm/lily.scm.
>>

> Wouldn't I need to add a dependency to the build, too?

No.  The dependency for the build is determined by its presence in the scm/
directory.  That part of the build system is really quite fine and easy to
use.

>>> * get the property access routines to use the new all-pv-properties list
>>>

>> I'm not sure I have this vision.  How would \set know whether to set a
>> context property or a pv property?
>>

> Presumably the same way it decides whether to access a context property, music
> property, or grob property currently.
> That's something I'll have to dig into.  I was sort of assuming the \set code
> did a lookup of available property lists, I'll undertake further research..

Please do.  If this works, I think it would be a great addition.  But we
still haven't heard what Neil thinks about it, and he has a much more
complete grasp of LilyPond internals than I do.

Thanks,

Carl