[godot-devel] Re: [gsoc-mentors] Re: Welcome to Godot's first GSoC :)

I was also absent from the meeting as I ended up in an unplanned meeting in real life! Fortunately I had IRC on so I have read briefly through the logs.

I'm sdfgeoff on github, irc, and just about everywhere else online, and my real name is Geoffrey Irons. I'm currently in Switzerland (GMT+2), but am originally from New Zealand. I've been working with Godot for a short time (since the most recent godot conference), but have worked with blender quite extensively, hence my project is with Jason on the godot-blender-exporter.

I am also fortunate enough to be working with Godot full-time as part of my job for the past three months, and my boss has told me to get more familiar with the Godot community. As a result so my GSOC involvement is with permission from my real life occupation! (And all our changes to the Godot engine end up as pull requests because we like open source). Although I'm mostly doing software currently, my studies were in Mechatronics engineering, so you're welcome to talk to me about embedded electronics, robots, and many other topics. My other interests are in music (both digital and physical), game making (hopefully obvious), and multi-day-hikes-into-the-middle-of-nowhere.

Hopefully catch you guys around,
Geoff