Re: [godot-devel] Mentors and ideas list for the GSoC 2018

> Hi!,
>
> I probably can be a mentor too as long as someone partners with me.

Hi Pedro,

Awesome, thanks! I've invited your to the GSoC dashboard as a mentor
and added you to the gsoc-mentors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list.

Once logged into the interface, you can see the proposals made so far
and review the drafts in Google Docs. Don't hesitate to put comments
there to help students improve their proposal before the application
deadline.
If you see a topic you'd be interested in co-mentoring, you can hit
the "Want to mentor" button.

> My proposal for a project is writing a module that integrates Chromium in
> Godot. Features:
> - Let it navigate to a URL.
> - Have the view rendered into a texture of configurable size (viewport size
> for Chromium).
> - Have input translated from UV to viewport coordinates so you can render
> the web view into any arbitrary mesh.
>
> There's a similar addon for Unity: https://youtu.be/coP5Qjg8Nx4
>
> I think the CEF project can ease the workload:
> https://bitbucket.org/chromiumembedded/cef
>
> What do you think?

That sounds interesting, you can make a PR on
https://github.com/godotengine/roadmap/blob/master/GSOC-2018.md to add
it with details about what it should do, the use case and some