[godot-devel] Godot - IRC dev and new devel mailing list (join it!)

Hi everyone and happy new year!

TL;DR:
---------
- Dev meeting on IRC #godotengine-devel on Freenode, Thursday 12/01 at 19:00 UTC
- New mailing list hosted by TuxFamily. Please subscribe if you want
to be kept informed about meetings, as I'll soon stop spamming your
personal emails and just write to the ML (mailing list).
  * Subscribe by sending "subscribe" to devel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and follow instructions (unsubscribe by sending "unsubscribe" to the
same address)
  * Write to the ML by writing to devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
---------

To those new in the mailing, I've grabbed your email addresses in
commit logs as you're active Godot contributors and should be kept
informed about our meetings :)

## IRC dev meeting, Thursday 12/01 at 19:00 UTC

Please come around, with the gles3 branch merged into master and Juan
going berserk on compatibility breaking changes, there's a lot to
discuss.

It's now or never to help shape the API of Godot 3.0, which is likely
going to stick for a while as we'll probably avoid breaking
compatibility at every new version :)

As always, the meeting will be on Freenode, channel #godotengine-devel.

I've created a new mailing list hosted by TuxFamily, whose intent is
mostly to avoid having to collect all your emails and spam you
individually when I could be writing to a single ML.

We already had a Google group for devel discussions, but not everybody
has a Google account, and it has grown so unused that I fear most of
us might not even be subscribed, so I felt it's better to start anew
with a clean devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list. I will see that the
old Google group is retired so that we don't have two conflicting
locations.

It should be relatively low level as most dev discussions happen on
GitHub anyway, but it will used to keep you informed about upcoming
dev meetings - i.e. I will soon stop spamming you individually and
write only to the ML. Those who are not subscribed will therefore not
get notifications about meetings.

should get an answer with further indications.

To write to the ML: write a normal email to devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
If you are not familiar with mailing lists, please read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Bottom-posting and try to
follow such posting style, it's quite important for readability. Best
use plain text emails instead of HTML too, it makes everyone's life
easier :)