[tf-games] Games inside Tuxfamily & Minetest

Hello,

(could write in french for those who are annoyed)

As I advertised on the #tuxfamily IRC channel, lately I'm interested in giving minetest a try. As of now, I've been playing the game very litle, and only know the basics of the administration since it relies heavily on «mods», because vanilla Minetest doesn't have many features (no mobs, no rights management...).

Minetest is written in C++, and shouldn't be as CPU and RAM hungry as his java-written grand brother. If it is, I think I have seen some way to put boundaries/limits in the config file.
It is of course Free and comes with Debian.

So here are my questions,

1) Are there other people on this list who already have experience in administrating or playing minetest ?

2) What about setting up the basics right now ?
That would mean:
* install package minetest-server in version 0.4.10 (debian testing/unstable) * and opening UDP port 30000 (or another if you prefer but default one is nice).

Last point I have is something for which i'm a bit awkward about how to word it or what to do, to sum up I'm wondering if there would be an interest in improving a bit the «Game administration» side of Tuxfamily.
For instance, I had forgotten about the existence of this ops list.
The main point for this may be to refresh a bit this page: http://faq.tuxfamily.org/Games/En
.... and make it look more like a portal (it may not lack much).
The goal would also be to avoid leaving the game servers getting too rusty because of a lack of communication about how it works. I would be curious for instance about if the servers you administrate evolve or rather remain static and working. Maybe it's fine as is, maybe we can't do more, or maybe you have other ideas, but in any case I'm interested in what you think.

Regards,