Re: [chrony-users] Using cellular network clock as refclock in chrony

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks a lot!

Yes, my program was feeding samples with zero offset. I corrected this and now behavior is as expected.

I have another query. Currently, my program sends samples to the SOCK every 5 seconds. With this setup, chronyd selects this source after approximately 2 minutes. When I increase the frequency to every second, chronyd selects the source in about 40 seconds. Are there any additional configuration options to further reduce this time? I understand that various factors, such as the precision of the samples, influence this process, so I am looking for any configuration parameters that could expedite the selection.

My current configuration is:
logchange 0.5
noclientlog
rtcsync
makestep 1.0 3
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.cellular.sock precision 1 prefer poll 3 refid MODM

(I tried reducing the poll to 1 but this does not seem to make any difference)

Thanks,
Amol