Antwort: Re: [chrony-users] Repeated 'refresh'es may cause excessive DNS queries

Hi Matt,

> What happens if you add '-4' to your Chrony process?  Looking at the
> logs, it appears your system is unable to connect to an IPv6 address.
> After it tries several times, it finds a IPv4 address and syncs.
> This may be a problem with your docker setup or host system, regardless
> adding the '-4' flag should prevent Chrony from trying the IPv6 address.

This is purely an artifact of my local test setup, which I set up with
IPv4 only since I'm lazy...eh, I mean for simplicity.

In any case, the problem persists if I add -4 to the chronyd command line.
The only observable difference is that chrony no longer queries AAAA records,
but it still fires dozens or even hundreds of requests for A records.

The problem also persists if I enable IPv6 on both machines.

Regards,
Tim