Re: [chrony-users] python configuration builder

On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 10:40:08AM -0800, Jerry Scharf (he/him) wrote:
> Hi,
> We have some appliances that we need to transition from ntpd to chrony.
> Most of our management sw uses python. Before I go off and write
> something from scratch to deal with abstract time sync -> configs in
> chrony/ntpd, I wanted to see if anyone knows of similar software out there.
> I found nothing in my searches..

A python module for writing chrony configuration? I think each
management application includes their own. There is also ansible and
thousands of various roles used for time sync configurations.

Maybe this python script could help you if you wanted to specifically
cover the ntpd features:
https://github.com/mlichvar/ntp2chrony