Re: [chrony-users] python configuration builder

Miroslav,
Thanks, I was trying to avoid writing version 1001. :)
The actual code is only 1/3rd of what we need. We need all the unit tests to validate that the operations worked as expected, and then a mocking system so code that calls this can make sure they correctly react to various sync conditions. Most groups just do this cheap and quick in their existing code rather than attempting to isolate the functions into a reusable library. I am not sure our group will do this either (I'm just the time geek who is kibitzing on the project.) If they make a reusable library, I will encourage them to publish it so the next person has a choice for version 1002.
jerry

On Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 11:44 PM Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 10:40:08AM -0800, Jerry Scharf (he/him) wrote:
> Hi,
> We have some appliances that we need to transition from ntpd to chrony..
> Most of our management sw uses python. Before I go off and write
> something from scratch to deal with abstract time sync -> configs in
> chrony/ntpd, I wanted to see if anyone knows of similar software out there.
> I found nothing in my searches..

A python module for writing chrony configuration? I think each
management application includes their own. There is also ansible and
thousands of various roles used for time sync configurations.

Maybe this python script could help you if you wanted to specifically
cover the ntpd features:
https://github.com/mlichvar/ntp2chrony