Re: [chrony-users] DNS/DKIM issue with tuxfamily.org?

> It wasn't spam that broke it, but the Big N "solutions" to spam like DKIM.

There are no other viable or better alternatives.

> Mails, which fail a DKIM verification can only be discarded safely, when the _adsp record of the sender says dkim=discardable in all other cases, the mail should get delivered, see under [...]

RFC 5617 is historic/deprecated, it has never been usable anywhere.

> This DKIM issue can only be addressed from your admin to take into account, that mailing list software do exist, are used and aren't 100% compatible with DKIM, and as well that some admins configure DKIM in a bad way for mailing lists.

It's very simple, a mailing list MUST respect the sender domain's DMARC. If you break DKIM you must rewrite From, add your own DKIM. You might want to remove the broken signature if some goofball rejects letters based on just DKIM fail. If the incoming letter does not have DKIM but the sender domain does have SPF, then you must rewrite From (and always add your own DKIM). If you don't break DKIM then you're good (unless some other goofball follows SPF fail instead of DKIM pass/DMARC pass). ARC is strongly recommended in all cases, but if you just break the chain, you should remove it entirely.

It's just how it is, forgery and phish are real problems, things have to adapt to stay secure.