Från: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Skickat: den 28 juni 2023 14:59
Till: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: Re: [chrony-users] Understanding chronyc sources output

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 12:48:01PM +0000, Klas Mattsson Konsult wrote:
> "Chronyc sources" does provide me something interesting though:
> Snipped the relevant part:
> +15.1s[ +15.1s] +/-  10.8s
> The diff of 15.1 seconds I do understand, however, the +/- I don't fully get?
> I've been trying to find what that value is meant to represent and found nothing.

In the chronyc man page it's described as "the margin of error in the measurement". It's the NTP root distance including the client's delay and dispersion.

You need to increase maxdistance in order to accept this source in the selection.

https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/faq.html#_using_a_windows_ntp_server