Re: [chrony-users] Chrony not taking SOCKET data from Application

On Wed, May 03, 2023 at 12:25:53PM +0530, sarveshwar k wrote:
> Hi Miroslav,
>
> > The measurement appears before you sent anything to the SOCK socket?
> Yes, before I sent anything to the SOCK.

I don't see that in the logs. The first SOCK sample in refclocks.log is
at "2023-01-01 04:27:32.008264". The first clock update in tracking.log is
"2023-01-01 04:27:35" with an offset of 53 milliseconds. That is the
initial offset you would see in the "chronyc sources" output before
the third sample is received and the clock is updated.

If you see the offset again after chronyd restart, it means there is
something else touching the clock. Maybe chronyd is started with the
-s option to set the clock from RTC?