Re: [chrony-users] Chrony not taking SOCKET data from Application

On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 04:17:21PM +0530, sarveshwar k wrote:
> I have attached a screenshot of my observation. When the current time is
> 4:11:17, the Ref time is 4:11:15 (as mentioned in tracking output).
> [image: image.png]

This is similar to the LastRx issue you reported before. The timestamp
is intentionally adjusted by a small random value to make it more
difficult to predict receive timestamps in the NTP symmetric mode.
It's not necessary with a reference clock, but it's simpler do it
always.