Re: [chrony-users] Not using external server if stratum drops below acceptable number

On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 01:30:05PM +0100, Simon Burke wrote:
> My question is whether there is an option to stop using a particular source
> if its stratum drops below an expected value. I suspect that the answer is
> that it's not needed, but I just wanted to get some clarity for my
> own understanding.

In what cases do you think it might be needed?

There is no option to do it directly. If you wanted to avoid
selecting a high-stratum source when a low-stratum source is
available, the stratumweight option could be set to a large value.