[chrony-users] PPS and NMEA same source not combined

I have a GPS hat working fine with a steady nice long stream of sats.
My chrony conf file has the following refclocks

refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock nmea refid PPS
refclock SHM 0 refid NMEA

Chrony eventually chooses my PPS as the current best clock as I would have expected.  Unfortunately the NMEA clock always comes up with the ? Maybe in error when queried from chronyc sources

I can’t see why NMEA should be in error when it’s essentially the same source.  Is there something I can do to keep pps as current best clock and NMEA to be combined?

Sorry if it’s a stupid question

Thanks, Mike.

Kind regards, Michael A Smith.

📩 mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My apologies for any incorrect information or typographical errors. Any opinions expressed are my own, and are not intended to offend. Anyone offended by anything stated, will likely have offended me, by being inconsiderate of my beliefs.