Re: [chrony-users] Regarding socket permissions

On Tue, Mar 14, 2023 at 09:23:05AM +0100, Morten Nissov wrote:
> I suppose that's it then, the permissions aren't changed therefore access
> will be restricted since it's owned by root. Do you think there's any
> workaround? Or any interest from others to set the sock with the same 666
> permissions, i.e. such that I could PR this?

Adding an option to set world-writable permissions on the socket
doesn't sound like a good idea to me. How does your application get
access to the serial port?

Applications like gpsd and ntp-refclock normally start with root
privileges, open all devices and sockets they will need, and then
switch to an unprivileged user.