Re: [chrony-users] Regarding socket permissions

Wasn't even aware I had apparmor, cannot remember installing this. But I'll try disabling that and seeing what happens.

Note, should've probably included this in the original message. Here are the permissions for the socket file
$ ls /var/run/ -al | grep chrony
drwxr-x---  2 _chrony             _chrony               60 Mar 13 18:34 chrony
-rw-r--r--  1 root                root                   4 Mar 13 18:34 chronyd.pid
srwxr-xr-x  1 root                root                   0 Mar 13 18:34 chrony.ttyACM0.sock
and the part of the code I refer to in chrony is
/* Allow server without root privileges to send replies to our socket */
if (chmod(sa_un.sun_path, 0666) < 0) {
DEBUG_LOG("Could not change socket permissions : %s", strerror(errno));
return 0;
}
in client.c.

Looking at the permissions for chrony.ttyACM0.sock this doesn't seem right, no? AFAIK 666 permissions should be srwxr-rw-rw and here it is srwxr-xr-x instead.

Morten