Re: [chrony-users] Strange "loss of PPS lock"

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 10:06:00AM +0100, Rob Janssen wrote:
> On 1/19/23 09:51, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> > Are they stratum 1 servers? What root delay and dispersion is reported
> > in chronyc ntpdata?
> They are in the region of 15-30us.  Indeed all those servers are
> stratum 1, all running chrony and with a PPS via serial DCD.

If those servers are in local network, the root distance might be
smaller than the shifts in the PPS offset (e.g. due varying CPU load
causing different delays in processing of the interrupt), which would
cause the disagreement.

Instead of the trust option I'd suggest to add "delay 2e-3" or some
other suitable value to increase its interval and more reliably
overlap with the NTP sources.