Re: [chrony-users] Strange "loss of PPS lock"

Those GPSDO's usually are professional units like Meinberg which are closely monitored.
(i.e. we get that PPS from a distribution board)
They do not go out of lock.  And if they would, they would not drift that quickly.

With "its lock source goes out of lock" I mean that on some sites where we have
our own GPSDO it is configured like:

refclock    PPS /dev/pps0 refid PPS prefer lock SHM
refclock    SHM 0 poll 6 refid SHM noselect

The SHM clock is synchronized from the serial data and will become "unreachable"
when the GPSDO indicates loss of lock via its serial telemetry.  Similar to what you
could do with NMEA (when using a GPS tracker that outputs both PPS and NMEA).
But the issue occurs on sites with and without this facility.

Rob