Re: [chrony-users] chrony question about -x option

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 05:55:44PM +0200, Hubert Verstraete wrote:
> In my network topology, there are several local networks.
> Only the first network with host A can connect to Internet.
> The network with host B is completely isolated from Internet (NAT is not
> allowed).
> I have the constraint that host B must synchronize all the hosts of all
> local networks.

I think you need to make an exception for A to not be synchronized to
B, or add another machine that can work as a server for B but not have
to be synchronized to it.

> That's why I wanted to use chrony on host A as a relay of the NTP time. I
> thought chrony -x could be the solution but it's not.
> Is there something in chrony which listens for incoming NTP packets on one
> inbound interface and forwards them on an outbound interface ?

There are bindaddress/device and bindacqaddress/device directives for
the server and client parts respectively.

> Or I could maybe implement a server on host A to relay NTP packet to the
> NTP server on Internet...

I'm not sure what that means.