[chrony-users] chrony question about -x option

Hello

I want to use chrony on a host "A" connected to the Internet which should act only as a kind of NTP relay to serve the time from an NTP server on the Internet to another host "B" on the local network. But I don't want to set the system clock of host "A" with this Internet time.
To achieve this, I plan to start chrony on host "A" with the option -x.

The system clock of host "A" is controlled by another process getting the time from the local network.
Will the Internet time served by host "A" be impacted by the fact that the system clock is adjusted by the other process ?
The host "B" needs to synchronize to the raw Internet time in order to keep the best accuracy.

Regarding the option -x, in chrony 3.5 there was the following note:
It is not recommended to run chronyd (with or without -x) when another process is controlling the system clock.
But this note has disappeared since chrony 4.0.
Should I understand that what I want to do is feasible with chrony 4.x but not with chrony 3.x ?

Thanks,
Hubert