Re: [chrony-users] Chrony problem - not synchronizing time

Thank you for the suggestion. We made the changes but still can not configure chrony the way we need it.

This is what we need to acheive:

At system start we always need to update system clock using chrony since in our application it is very likely thay system will be off for months. This means that on start system time needs to corrected using makestep directive from the GPS source.

It is very important that chrony does not select PPS as source( *) untill GPS received data from at least one satelite. GPS antenna might not have good visibility so I noticed that Chrony is often selecting and deselecting GPS as source since it is not stable.

Only and only when we get at least one satelite e.g GPS has good time we need chrony to use this time and execute  makestep directive. Only After this we need PPS as a source for the rest of the working of the system.

With other words I need to trust and prefer GPS untill it gets correct time from at least one satelite, and after makestep I need to have PPS as permanent source.

Any idea how to configure chrony to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone