Re: [chrony-users] Chrony problem - not synchronizing time

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 02:51:36PM +0200, Tino Mihajlovik wrote:
> Yes it is special setup.
>
> We have custom board with GPS, DS3231, FT232RL and microprocessor. The idea is that microprocesor always mimics the NMEA sequence together with the PPS signal on the USB port. When GPS is stable the real NMEA message is just forwarded together with the PPS signal. When GPS is not avialable the microprocessor sends NMEA data that is stored to the DS3231.

Ok, that information should have been in your first mail. I guess you
could provide to chrony two pairs of SHM+PPS refclocks, one using your
RTC and another the real GPS, which could be marked as trusted, so if
both are working, the RTC-based on will be ignored.