Re: [chrony-users] Clock selection algorithm

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 06:16:25PM +0100, chrony-users@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> PS: there are some issues with this mailinglist making it troublesome in
> this era of SPF and DMARC.
> 1. it sends copies of the mail back to the submitter

Personally, I prefer to get my own mails from the list to not have
broken threads.

> 2. it sends out mails with a From: header containing the original submitter's
>     e-mail address.
> That is not really feasible anymore.  It would be better when the mailinglist
> sends out mail messages with a From: address referring to an address on the
> mailinglist server and mentioning the submitter only in the Full Name.

If I understand it correctly, that shouldn't be necessary with the
ARC. I follow quite a few mailing lists and except one or two they all
keep the From header unchanged.

Anyway, this mailing list is run by tuxfamily.org. I have very little
control over it. In the configuration there is is no option to enable
"From munging".