Re: [chrony-users] Clock selection algorithm

I have changed the logging config like this:

 # tunable parameters
 driftfile      /var/lib/chrony/ntp.drift
 logdir         /var/log/ntpstats
-log            statistics measurements tracking tempcomp
+log            refclocks

i.e. I was logging some other things but I wasn't really using that.
After restarting chrony (I tried this on two different systems) I have not
yet seen the problem re-occur.  Looking in the refclocks logs I only see
some offsets of the e-03 order during the first minutes after startup,
not thereafter.
I will monitor the situation further to see if there it happens again.

PS: there are some issues with this mailinglist making it troublesome in
this era of SPF and DMARC.
1. it sends copies of the mail back to the submitter
2. it sends out mails with a From: header containing the original submitter's
    e-mail address.
That is not really feasible anymore.  It would be better when the mailinglist
sends out mail messages with a From: address referring to an address on the
mailinglist server and mentioning the submitter only in the Full Name.