[chrony-users] prevent amplification attack

Hi there

My network is monitored by shadowserver.org and it reports for my chrony
instance, that it may be used in amplification attacks because it responded to
"ntp mode 6 query READVAR". [1]

They suggest to test with
	ntpq -c rv <my ntp server's ip>

but if I do so, I do get a timeout and no answer. I allow everyone to contact
the ntp server (it's a pool server), but commands and queries should be
restricted by default in chrony as I understand. The directive
	allow
is set in chrony.conf as a single word on its own line.

How can I properly test whether it is true what shadowserver.org claims and
how can I prevent chronyd to not answering such queries, if it did?

Thank you for your comments.

Regards, Adrian.

[1] https://www.shadowserver.org/what-we-do/network-reporting/ntp-version-report/