Re: [chrony-users] Setting to ignore stale reference time from server?

On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 11:23:23AM -0600, Bob Ingraham wrote:
> 2. The stale reference time reported by the embedded server.  This is the
> issue I can't figure out from reading the documentation.
>
> How do I instruct the client to ignore the stale reference time of the
> server?

On client you can increase the maxdistance value, but that will help
only up to about 16 seconds as there is a hardcoded limit for the
server's root delay and dispersion (16 seconds) to be considered
synchronized. In the chronyc ntpdata command you will see the test
number 7 failing.

You need to enable the local directive on the server to pass that
test.