Re: [chrony-users] Chrony 4.0 in Red Hat Linux 8

On 2/17/21 4:25 AM, Alkistis Tsoulakou wrote:

I would like to ask if it is possible to update chrony package to version 4.0 in a machine that uses RHEL 8.3.

By default chrony 3.5 is installed.

The main reason is that I would like to use AES algorith for NTP symmetric key authentication.

I wrote a little script which compiles Chrony v4 for RHEL inside a disposable Vagrant environment, and posted it online as a gist:

https://gist.github.com/ladar/52e2deb0a46272ca0383839f2ec0a618#file-centos-8-build-chronyd-sh

And I took the resulting RPM, encoded it in base64, and created a bash install script as well, so it would be easier to deploy:

https://gist.github.com/ladar/52e2deb0a46272ca0383839f2ec0a618#file-centos-8-chronyd-sh