Re: [chrony-users] Issue with chrony dropping PPS signal

On some rtcs, it will issue an interrupt when the second rolls over. So it
will be like a PPS signal. Or you can run a poll loop near the second (on your
machine which should be pretty well in time ) to see exactly when the second
rolls over. A bit messy and expensive. And as I said, I do not believe that
the rtc will keep good enough time for your requirements, but you would have
to test that.

Getting GPS to be reliable is certainly a better option.

With GPS you should get microsecond accuracy.