[chrony-users] PPS Refclock issue

Hello Chrony user community,

I am trying to synchronize to a PPS reference clock. I did the ldattach 18 /dev/ttyS0 call as well as put it in the chrony.conf file (“refclock PPS /dev/pps1 refid NTPS”). I also restarted chrony (sudo systemctl restart chronyd). I am trying to confirm that it is synchronized to the PPS.

When I call “chronyc sources,” it shows this

But doesn’t the ‘?’ mean that its unreachable as well as the ‘X’ mean it think it’s a falseticker? I’ve also seen it as a ‘–‘ despite it being the only refclock. My chronyc sources call seems to waver between ?, -,  and x.

Its getting its time from a NTP server so it’s getting time/UTC data. Also the offset is <0.2s so I’m not sure what is causing the status issue.

Am I doing something wrong? Do you know what could be causing this behavior?

Any insight would be appreciated and thank you for your time and help,

Benjamin Chang

Research Engineer I