Re: [chrony-users] help - UTC time of PPS pulses

0 seconds

If you trigger on the wrong edge of the pulse (the trailing, descending edge)
you will get an number like you suggest, but that edge is not to be used as
its timing is horrible.

The GPS leanding edge is, depending on your GPS card, within about 10 nano
seconds of true UTC second. It may have a sawtooth deviation (Ie increases for
a while-- in the nanosecond range-- and then corrected down back to 0. That
infomation for each sattelite can be found afterwards to correct times if
needed. No common computer however has a sufficiently good interrupt handler
to be able to see nanosecond type accuracy.

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ unruh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Canada V6T 1Z1 ____|____ and Gravity ______|_ www.theory.physics.ubc.ca/