Re: [chrony-users] Re: ntsdumpdir

On Sat, Oct 03, 2020 at 01:40:31PM +0100, Chris Spencer wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 at 13:19, Chris Spencer <spencercw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying out the NTS support in 4.0-pre4, but the ntsdumpdir option
> > doesn't seem to be working. At least, no additional files are getting
> > created in the configured directory. Any thoughts?
>
> Oh a file has appeared now, but only for one of the sources:

chronyd saves the client keys and cookies when it destroys the client
NTS instance, e.g. when exiting, or switching to another address of
the name, which might be what happened in your case. If you stop
chronyd, ntsdumpdir should have files for all NTS sources that had at
least one cookie. The nts file is removed as soon as it is loaded, so
normally you would see only unused sources there.