Re: [chrony-users] NTPsec's NTPViz Grapher Log Adapter

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 04:45:03PM -0400, Matt Corallo wrote:
> In case anyone else finds this useful, I spent the time to write out some
> python to convert chrony's stats logs to something that looks close enough
> to ntpd that ntpsec's ntpviz can graph it.

Interesting. If you turn it into a project, I can add a link to the
"Useful links" page. IIRC ntpviz was originally based on the
chrony-graph project, so this seems to make it full circle :).

> Its not perfect - "Local RMS Frequency Jitter" is just the error bound
> chrony reports (which seems to be something similar, but different?)

Different, but both are measures of the frequency stability.

> and
> statistics.log doesn't report an average/median RTT time, so that is filled
> with 0s (maybe that would be a useful thing to provide?), but it otherwise
> works.

Measured delays are reported in the measurements log. In the
statistics log there is a number of currently held samples, so with
some processing of the history you could find a median, minimum, or
whatever you like.

> Demo at https://noc.as397444.net/ntpgraphs/ script at

The ~30ms offset shift happening for one of the GPS refclocks every
~1.5 days looks odd. Any idea what is causing that?