[chrony-users] PTP as chrony time source and leap seconds

Hello,

I would like to use PTP as one of chrony time sources. The chrony would discipline local clock and serve NTP to clients.

I have found that one needs to specify number of leap seconds in config file when using PHC.

Why is it necessary? The PTP protocol includes TAI-UTC offset.

I saw that a possible solution would be to synchronize system clock using ptp4l with phc2sys and use local clock as chrony time source - however it may cause problems if PTP synchronization fails - and chrony will not know that local clock is unsynchronized. That's why I would like to use PTP source in chrony directly.

Why chrony can't read leap seconds in the same way the phc2sys does?

Best regards,

Olaf Frączyk

--
NAVI Sp. z o.o.